Our tutorial sections comprise of many of the tasks that a home user to IT professional will need to get their computer and network setup and working great. These tutorials are objective oriented to show you exactly what you need to do in typical real life situations.
- Computer Tune-up – Keep your computer running at its peak by following these tutorials.
- Repair corrupted user profile - Unable to log in or having an issue that nothing can seem to fix? why not reset the users profile on their desktop?
- Repair slow log on - Sick of the spinning wheel while logging on? Try this.
- Join Computer to a Domain - Join a computer to a Domain network.
- Delete and extend a partition - Delete a partition and extend another partition over its space.
- Shrink and create a New Partition - Reduce the size of a Partition in order to create a new one in the reduced space.
- Create a System Backup – Protect your most important files and the Windows file system by creating a backup.
- Icon size – Change the size of your desktop icons with this neat trick.
- Local User – Create a user that is unique to your workstation
- Display Settings – Adjust your screen resolution
- Start Menu – Customize the Start Menu in Windows 7
- Shadow Copies – Preserve file versions for a set amount of time
- Troubleshooting Windows Update – Having issues downloading or installing updates? Try these steps first!
- Re-install Hardware Driver Using Windows Update – Re-installing a hardware driver is a good tool for troubleshooting common hardware issues such as faulty Wireless cards and Printers.
- How to Configure Outlook 2007/2010 - connect with outlook to your POP, IMAP, or Exchange Email Account.
- Create Rules for Your Inbox – Use custom rules to filter certain incoming messages in your inbox on Outlook 2010
- Create Email Signature - Set up a signature for all new emails and a 2nd signature for your replies in Outlook 2010
- Recover Outlook Email password – Recover the password to a POP/IMAP Email account that is setup in Outlook.
- Install A Network Printer – A two part video series covering: 1. Configure the hardware for a network Printer and get the IP address. 2. Install a Printer connected to a network using the Hostname/IP Address of a Printer.
- Install USB Printer – Install a USB Printer
- Share USB Printer across network – Share a printer hooked up to a computer to other computers on a network.
- Clear the Print Spooler – Clear the Print Spooler to remove stuck/corrupted printer jobs when troubleshooting a printer.
Active Directory Tutorials
- Add/remove Users - Add/Remove a user in Active Directory
- Reset Password - Reset a user account password in Active Directory
- Change Username - Change a user’s username in Active Directory.
- Create a Security Group - Create a security group in Active Directory using the GUI or Powershell.
- Add/remote users from security groups - Add or remove a user from a security group using the GUI or Powershell.
- Tree Size – View free/used space on hard drive
- Process Explorer – in depth look at what is running in the background on your computer
- Product Key – Recover Windows product Keys
- Defragment a Hard Drive - Increase hard drive performance by optimizing your files and free space
- System File Checker (SFC /SCANNOW)
- MsConfig.exe - Manage Startup Programs
- Run Check disk - Check and repair bad sectors on a computer hard drive.
- Scan Your PC For Viruses – Using MalwareBytes
- Log Files - Check system Logs to help resolve errors
- Windows Updates - Install Windows Updates
- Anti-virus - Install Antivirus and other helpful ways to avoid getting viruses.
- Back-ups - Nothing exists for certain unless it is backed up.
- CCleaner – Use CCleaner to delete unneeded temporary files from your system.